Helen Thomas is committed to providing quality services (coaching, training, mentoring and consulting) to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth)(the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of the The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
What Personal Information we collect and why we collect it?
Personal Information is any information capable of identifying an individual. Non-Personal Information is any information automatically collected when accessing our Site that is not capable of personally identifying an individual. Examples of Personal Information include: names, addresses, email addresses or phone numbers.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data including any communication that you send to us through the contact form on our Site, via email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or other form of communication you send us. This data is collected for the purposes of communicating with you/
- Customer / Client Data relating to your purchases of products and/or services including your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your payment details. This data is collected for the purposes of supplying you with the products and/or services purchased by you and to keep records of such transactions.
- User Data relating to how you use our Site and any related online services together with any data that you post for publication on our Site or through other online services. This data is collected for the purposes of operating our Site, maintaining relevant content, ensuring the security of our Site and keep our Site and information up to date.
- Technical Data including data about how you use our Site such as your IP address, you login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our Site, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our Site, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our Site. This data is collected via our website analytics systems and is collected to understand Site Visitor and User usage of our Site and to assess the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising.
- Marketing Data including your submitted preferences relating to receiving marketing information from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. This data is collected to continuously maintain relevant Site content and to continuously improve our products and services.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a contact form, in connection with other activities, services features or resources available on our Site. Personal Information may also be obtained during coaching or training sessions, by telephone and video calls, by email, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing / marketing lists at any time by choosing to unsubscribe or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Collection of Sensitive Information
We do not collect any Sensitive Information about you. Sensitive Information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Personal Information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Indirect collection from Third Parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Collecting Personal Information through our website (Site)
When you use our Site, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your web browser or device with our Site. Such information is typically considered Non-Personal Information.
We use the information we receive from Site Visitors as follows:
- To customise and improve the experience for Site Visitors using our Site
- To deliver our products and services, make calendar bookings, process payments and register you as a client.
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Site. As a Site Visitor, you can browse our Site to find out more about our Site and the products and services we provide. You are not required to provide us with any Personal Information as a Visitor to our Site.
If you decide to leave a comment on our Site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in Cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These Cookies will last for one year.
Email lists, registrations and feedback
We will collect information you provide to us when signing up to mailing lists or newsletters and registering for our events, or when submitting feedback on your experience with our Site.
We use Flodesk to manage our mailing lists. You can read more about Flodesk’s security and compliance information here.
Social networking services
We use social networking services such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to communicate with the public about our work. When you communicate with us using these services we may collect your personal information, but we only use it to help us communicated with you and the public. The social networking service will handle your Personal Information for its own purposes. You can access the privacy policies for Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn on their websites.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the Site Visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google to collect data about Site Visitor interactions with our Site. The sole purpose of collecting this data in this way is to continue to improve the Site Visitor experience with our Site. The types of data we collect with these tools include:
- Your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymised format)
- Size of device
- Device type, operating system and browser information
- Geographic location (city)
- Referring domain and out link if applicable
- Search terms and pages visited on our Site
- Date and time when pages were accessed on our Site
If your web browser has Do Not Track enabled, your visit will not be tracked.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Helen Thomas will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our Site.
Address: PO Box 355, South Melbourne, VIC, 3205